Le Flore County, Oklahoma - Assessor's Office
The Le Flore County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Le Flore County, Oklahoma. You can contact the Le Flore County Assessor for:
- Your property tax bill
- Checking the Le Flore County property tax due date
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Paying your property tax
The Le Flore County Assessor's Office is located in Poteau, Oklahoma.
Le Flore County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Le Flore County Information
Le Flore County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Le Flore County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Le Flore County Tax Appraiser.
- The Le Flore County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Le Flore County.
- The Le Flore County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Le Flore County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Le Flore County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Le Flore County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Le Flore County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 918-647-3652. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in Poteau before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting.