Garvin County, Oklahoma - Assessor's Office
The Garvin County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Garvin County, Oklahoma. You can contact the Garvin County Assessor for:
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Checking the Garvin County property tax due date
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Your property tax bill
- Paying your property tax
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
The Garvin County Assessor's Office is located in Pauls Valley, Oklahoma.
Garvin County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Garvin County Information
Garvin County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Garvin County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Garvin County Tax Appraiser.
- The Garvin County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Garvin County.
- The Garvin County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Garvin County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Garvin County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Garvin County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Garvin County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 405-238-2409. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Garvin County assessor's office at 405-238-9189. Please call the assessor's office in Pauls Valley before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting.