Creek County, Oklahoma - Assessor's Office
The Creek County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Creek County, Oklahoma. You can contact the Creek County Assessor for:
- Checking the Creek County property tax due date
- Your property tax bill
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Paying your property tax
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
The Creek County Assessor's Office is located in Sapulpa, Oklahoma. Sapulpa is the county seat of Creek County, where most local government offices are located.
Creek County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Creek County Information
Creek County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Creek County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Creek County Tax Appraiser.
- The Creek County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Creek County.
- The Creek County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Creek County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Creek County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Creek County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Creek County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 918-227-6319. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Creek County assessor's office at 918-227-6328. Please call the assessor's office in Sapulpa before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Creek County Courthouse at 918-224-0278.