Bryan County, Oklahoma - Assessor's Office
The Bryan County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Bryan County, Oklahoma. You can contact the Bryan County Assessor for:
- Paying your property tax
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Your property tax bill
- Checking the Bryan County property tax due date
The Bryan County Assessor's Office is located in Durant, Oklahoma. Durant is the county seat of Bryan County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Bryan County Courthouse, at 402 West Evergreen Street.
Bryan County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Bryan County Information
Bryan County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Bryan County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Bryan County Tax Appraiser.
- The Bryan County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Bryan County.
- The Bryan County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Bryan County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Bryan County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Bryan County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Bryan County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 580-924-2166. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in Durant before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Bryan County Courthouse at 580-924-2202.