Ottawa County, Ohio - Assessor's Office
The Ottawa County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Ottawa County, Ohio. You can contact the Ottawa County Assessor for:
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Paying your property tax
- Checking the Ottawa County property tax due date
- Your property tax bill
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
The Ottawa County Assessor's Office is located in Port Clinton, Ohio.
Ottawa County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Ottawa County Information
Ottawa County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Ottawa County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Ottawa County Tax Appraiser.
- The Ottawa County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Ottawa County.
- The Ottawa County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Ottawa County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Ottawa County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Ottawa County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Ottawa County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 419-734-6740. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Ottawa County assessor's office at 419-734-6592. Please call the assessor's office in Port Clinton before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting.