Mahoning County, Ohio - Assessor's Office
The Mahoning County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Mahoning County, Ohio. You can contact the Mahoning County Assessor for:
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Your property tax bill
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Paying your property tax
- Checking the Mahoning County property tax due date
- Information on your property's tax assessment
The Mahoning County Assessor's Office is located in Youngstown, Ohio. Youngstown is the county seat of Mahoning County, where most local government offices are located.
Mahoning County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Mahoning County Information
Mahoning County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Mahoning County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Mahoning County Tax Appraiser.
- The Mahoning County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Mahoning County.
- The Mahoning County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Mahoning County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Mahoning County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Mahoning County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Mahoning County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 330-740-2010. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Mahoning County assessor's office at 330-480-7571. Please call the assessor's office in Youngstown before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Mahoning County Courthouse at 330-740-2130.