county, northcarolina - Assessor's Office
The county Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in county, northcarolina. You can contact the county Assessor for:
- Paying your property tax
- Your property tax bill
- Checking the county property tax due date
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
The county Assessor's Office is located in , northcarolina. is the county seat of county, where most local government offices are located.
county Assessor Contact Information
county Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the county Tax Assessor may also serve as the county Tax Appraiser.
- The county Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in county.
- The county Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The county Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in county, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting county about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the county Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at . Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting.