Union County, North Carolina - Assessor's Office
The Union County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Union County, North Carolina. You can contact the Union County Assessor for:
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Your property tax bill
- Checking the Union County property tax due date
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Paying your property tax
The Union County Assessor's Office is located in Monroe, North Carolina. Monroe is the county seat of Union County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Union County Courthouse, at 500 N. Main Street, Suite 236.
Union County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Union County Information
Union County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Union County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Union County Tax Appraiser.
- The Union County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Union County.
- The Union County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Union County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Union County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Union County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Union County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 704-283-3746. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Union County assessor's office at 704-292-2588. Please call the assessor's office in Monroe before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Union County Courthouse at 704-283-3810.