New Hanover County, North Carolina - Assessor's Office
The New Hanover County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in New Hanover County, North Carolina. You can contact the New Hanover County Assessor for:
- Your property tax bill
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Paying your property tax
- Checking the New Hanover County property tax due date
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Information on your property's tax assessment
The New Hanover County Assessor's Office is located in Wilmington, North Carolina. Wilmington is the county seat of New Hanover County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the New Hanover County government, at 230 Government Center Drive, Suite 190.
New Hanover County Assessor Contact Information
Additional New Hanover County Information
New Hanover County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the New Hanover County Tax Assessor may also serve as the New Hanover County Tax Appraiser.
- The New Hanover County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in New Hanover County.
- The New Hanover County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The New Hanover County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in New Hanover County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting New Hanover County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the New Hanover County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 910-798-7300. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the New Hanover County assessor's office at 910-798-7310. Please call the assessor's office in Wilmington before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the New Hanover County government at 910-798-7149.