Davidson County, North Carolina - Assessor's Office
The Davidson County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Davidson County, North Carolina. You can contact the Davidson County Assessor for:
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Your property tax bill
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Checking the Davidson County property tax due date
- Paying your property tax
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
The Davidson County Assessor's Office is located in the Davidson County Governmental Center, Suite 303 in Lexington, North Carolina. Lexington is the county seat of Davidson County, where most local government offices are located.
Davidson County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Davidson County Information
Davidson County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Davidson County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Davidson County Tax Appraiser.
- The Davidson County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Davidson County.
- The Davidson County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Davidson County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Davidson County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Davidson County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Davidson County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 336-242-2160. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Davidson County assessor's office at 336-243-2894. Please call the assessor's office in Lexington before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Davidson County Courthouse at 336-242-2000.