Ashe County, North Carolina - Assessor's Office
The Ashe County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Ashe County, North Carolina. You can contact the Ashe County Assessor for:
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Your property tax bill
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Paying your property tax
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Checking the Ashe County property tax due date
The Ashe County Assessor's Office is located in Jefferson, North Carolina. Jefferson is the county seat of Ashe County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Ashe County Courthouse, at 150 Government Circle, Suite 2200.
Ashe County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Ashe County Information
Ashe County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Ashe County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Ashe County Tax Appraiser.
- The Ashe County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Ashe County.
- The Ashe County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Ashe County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Ashe County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Ashe County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Ashe County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 336-846-5554. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Ashe County assessor's office at 336-846-5564. Please call the assessor's office in Jefferson before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Ashe County Courthouse at 336-846-5501.