Alamance County, North Carolina - Assessor's Office
The Alamance County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Alamance County, North Carolina. You can contact the Alamance County Assessor for:
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Paying your property tax
- Checking the Alamance County property tax due date
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Your property tax bill
The Alamance County Assessor's Office is located in Graham, North Carolina. Graham is the county seat of Alamance County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Alamance County Office Building, at 124 W. Elm Street.
Alamance County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Alamance County Information
Alamance County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Alamance County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Alamance County Tax Appraiser.
- The Alamance County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Alamance County.
- The Alamance County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Alamance County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Alamance County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Alamance County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Alamance County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 336-228-1312. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in Graham before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Alamance County Office Building at 336-228-1312.