Oneida County, New York - Assessor's Office
The Oneida County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Oneida County, New York. You can contact the Oneida County Assessor for:
- Paying your property tax
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Your property tax bill
- Checking the Oneida County property tax due date
- Information on your property's tax assessment
The Oneida County Assessor's Office is located in Utica, New York. Utica is the county seat of Oneida County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Oneida County Office Building, at 800 Park Avenue.
Oneida County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Oneida County Information
Oneida County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Oneida County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Oneida County Tax Appraiser.
- The Oneida County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Oneida County.
- The Oneida County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Oneida County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Oneida County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Oneida County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Oneida County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 315-798-5750. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in Utica before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Oneida County Office Building at 315-798-5900.