Dutchess County, New York - Assessor's Office
The Dutchess County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Dutchess County, New York. You can contact the Dutchess County Assessor for:
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Paying your property tax
- Your property tax bill
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Checking the Dutchess County property tax due date
- Information on your property's tax assessment
The Dutchess County Assessor's Office is located in Poughkeepsie, New York. Poughkeepsie is the county seat of Dutchess County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Dutchess County Office Building, at 22 Market Street.
Dutchess County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Dutchess County Information
Dutchess County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Dutchess County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Dutchess County Tax Appraiser.
- The Dutchess County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Dutchess County.
- The Dutchess County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Dutchess County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Dutchess County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Dutchess County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Dutchess County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 845-486-2140. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Dutchess County assessor's office at 845-486-2093. Please call the assessor's office in Poughkeepsie before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Dutchess County Office Building at 845-486-2020.