Cibola County, New Mexico - Assessor's Office
The Cibola County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Cibola County, New Mexico. You can contact the Cibola County Assessor for:
- Paying your property tax
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Checking the Cibola County property tax due date
- Your property tax bill
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Information on your property's tax assessment
The Cibola County Assessor's Office is located in Grants, New Mexico.
Cibola County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Cibola County Information
Cibola County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Cibola County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Cibola County Tax Appraiser.
- The Cibola County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Cibola County.
- The Cibola County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Cibola County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Cibola County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Cibola County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Cibola County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 505-285-2526. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Cibola County assessor's office at 505-285-5434. Please call the assessor's office in Grants before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting.