City of Somersworth, New Hampshire - Assessor's Office
The City of Somersworth Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in City of Somersworth, New Hampshire. You can contact the City of Somersworth Assessor for:
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Paying your property tax
- Checking the City of Somersworth property tax due date
- Your property tax bill
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
The City of Somersworth Assessor's Office is located in Somersworth, Strafford County, New Hampshire.
City of Somersworth Assessor Contact Information
City of Somersworth Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the City of Somersworth Tax Assessor may also serve as the City of Somersworth Tax Appraiser.
- The City of Somersworth Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in City of Somersworth.
- The City of Somersworth Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The City of Somersworth Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in City of Somersworth, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting City of Somersworth about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the City of Somersworth Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 603-692-9518. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in Somersworth before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the City Of Somersworth Courthouse at 603-742-1458.