Humboldt County, Nevada - Assessor's Office
The Humboldt County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Humboldt County, Nevada. You can contact the Humboldt County Assessor for:
- Checking the Humboldt County property tax due date
- Your property tax bill
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Paying your property tax
The Humboldt County Assessor's Office is located in Winnemucca, Nevada. Winnemucca is the county seat of Humboldt County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Humboldt County Courthouse, at 50 West 5th Street.
Humboldt County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Humboldt County Information
Humboldt County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Humboldt County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Humboldt County Tax Appraiser.
- The Humboldt County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Humboldt County.
- The Humboldt County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Humboldt County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Humboldt County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Humboldt County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Humboldt County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 775-623-6312. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in Winnemucca before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Humboldt County Courthouse at 775-623-6343.