Nance County, Nebraska - Assessor's Office
The Nance County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Nance County, Nebraska. You can contact the Nance County Assessor for:
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Checking the Nance County property tax due date
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Paying your property tax
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Your property tax bill
The Nance County Assessor's Office is located in Fullerton, Nebraska. Fullerton is the county seat of Nance County, where most local government offices are located.
Nance County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Nance County Information
Nance County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Nance County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Nance County Tax Appraiser.
- The Nance County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Nance County.
- The Nance County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Nance County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Nance County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Nance County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Nance County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 308-536-2653. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in Fullerton before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Nance County Courthouse at 308-536-2331.