Treasure County, Montana - Assessor's Office
The Treasure County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Treasure County, Montana. You can contact the Treasure County Assessor for:
- Checking the Treasure County property tax due date
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Your property tax bill
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Paying your property tax
The Treasure County Assessor's Office is located in Hysham, Montana.
Treasure County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Treasure County Information
Treasure County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Treasure County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Treasure County Tax Appraiser.
- The Treasure County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Treasure County.
- The Treasure County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Treasure County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Treasure County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Treasure County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Treasure County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 406-342-5540. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in Hysham before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting.