Powell County, Montana - Assessor's Office
The Powell County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Powell County, Montana. You can contact the Powell County Assessor for:
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Checking the Powell County property tax due date
- Your property tax bill
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Paying your property tax
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
The Powell County Assessor's Office is located in Deer Lodge, Montana. Deer Lodge is the county seat of Powell County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Powell County Courthouse, at 409 Missouri Avenue, Suite 203.
Powell County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Powell County Information
Powell County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Powell County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Powell County Tax Appraiser.
- The Powell County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Powell County.
- The Powell County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Powell County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Powell County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Powell County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Powell County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 406-846-9786. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Powell County assessor's office at 406-846-3891. Please call the assessor's office in Deer Lodge before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Powell County Courthouse at 406-846-3680.