Flathead County, Montana - Assessor's Office
The Flathead County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Flathead County, Montana. You can contact the Flathead County Assessor for:
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Paying your property tax
- Checking the Flathead County property tax due date
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Your property tax bill
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
The Flathead County Assessor's Office is located in Kalispell, Montana. Kalispell is the county seat of Flathead County, where most local government offices are located.
Flathead County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Flathead County Information
Flathead County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Flathead County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Flathead County Tax Appraiser.
- The Flathead County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Flathead County.
- The Flathead County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Flathead County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Flathead County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Flathead County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Flathead County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 406-758-5680. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Flathead County assessor's office at 406-758-5864. Please call the assessor's office in Kalispell before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Flathead County Courthouse at 406-758-5503.