Carbon County, Montana - Assessor's Office
The Carbon County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Carbon County, Montana. You can contact the Carbon County Assessor for:
- Your property tax bill
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Checking the Carbon County property tax due date
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Paying your property tax
The Carbon County Assessor's Office is located in Red Lodge, Montana.
Carbon County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Carbon County Information
Carbon County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Carbon County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Carbon County Tax Appraiser.
- The Carbon County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Carbon County.
- The Carbon County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Carbon County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Carbon County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Carbon County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Carbon County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 406-446-1223. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Carbon County assessor's office at 406-446-2640. Please call the assessor's office in Red Lodge before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting.