Wright County, Missouri - Assessor's Office
The Wright County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Wright County, Missouri. You can contact the Wright County Assessor for:
- Checking the Wright County property tax due date
- Paying your property tax
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Your property tax bill
The Wright County Assessor's Office is located in Hartville, Missouri. Hartville is the county seat of Wright County, where most local government offices are located.
Wright County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Wright County Information
Wright County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Wright County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Wright County Tax Appraiser.
- The Wright County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Wright County.
- The Wright County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Wright County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Wright County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Wright County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Wright County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 417-741-6400. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Wright County assessor's office at 417-741-6334. Please call the assessor's office in Hartville before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Wright County Courthouse at 417-741-6661.