Marion County, Missouri - Assessor's Office
The Marion County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Marion County, Missouri. You can contact the Marion County Assessor for:
- Your property tax bill
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Checking the Marion County property tax due date
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Paying your property tax
The Marion County Assessor's Office is located in Hannibal, Missouri.
Marion County Assessor Contact Information
Marion County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Marion County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Marion County Tax Appraiser.
- The Marion County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Marion County.
- The Marion County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Marion County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Marion County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Marion County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Marion County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 573-221-0589. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Marion County assessor's office at 573-221-4250. Please call the assessor's office in Hannibal before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Marion County Courthouse at 573-769-2549.