Howard County, Missouri - Assessor's Office
The Howard County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Howard County, Missouri. You can contact the Howard County Assessor for:
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Checking the Howard County property tax due date
- Your property tax bill
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Paying your property tax
The Howard County Assessor's Office is located in Fayette, Missouri.
Howard County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Howard County Information
Howard County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Howard County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Howard County Tax Appraiser.
- The Howard County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Howard County.
- The Howard County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Howard County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Howard County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Howard County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Howard County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 660-248-3400. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Howard County assessor's office at 660-248-1765. Please call the assessor's office in Fayette before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting.