Hickory County, Missouri - Assessor's Office
The Hickory County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Hickory County, Missouri. You can contact the Hickory County Assessor for:
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Your property tax bill
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Checking the Hickory County property tax due date
- Paying your property tax
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
The Hickory County Assessor's Office is located in the City Square Courthouse in Hermitage, Missouri. Hermitage is the county seat of Hickory County, where most local government offices are located.
Hickory County Assessor Contact Information
Hickory County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Hickory County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Hickory County Tax Appraiser.
- The Hickory County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Hickory County.
- The Hickory County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Hickory County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Hickory County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Hickory County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Hickory County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 417-745-6346. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Hickory County assessor's office at 417-745-6715. Please call the assessor's office in Hermitage before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Hickory County Courthouse at 417-745-6450.