Christian County, Missouri - Assessor's Office
The Christian County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Christian County, Missouri. You can contact the Christian County Assessor for:
- Checking the Christian County property tax due date
- Your property tax bill
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Paying your property tax
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
The Christian County Assessor's Office is located in Ozark, Missouri.
Christian County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Christian County Information
Christian County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Christian County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Christian County Tax Appraiser.
- The Christian County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Christian County.
- The Christian County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Christian County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Christian County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Christian County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Christian County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 417-581-2440. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Christian County assessor's office at 417-581-3029. Please call the assessor's office in Ozark before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting.