Sunflower County, Mississippi - Assessor's Office
The Sunflower County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Sunflower County, Mississippi. You can contact the Sunflower County Assessor for:
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Paying your property tax
- Checking the Sunflower County property tax due date
- Your property tax bill
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Information on your property's tax assessment
The Sunflower County Assessor's Office is located in Indianola, Mississippi. Indianola is the county seat of Sunflower County, where most local government offices are located.
Sunflower County Assessor Contact Information
Sunflower County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Sunflower County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Sunflower County Tax Appraiser.
- The Sunflower County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Sunflower County.
- The Sunflower County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Sunflower County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Sunflower County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Sunflower County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Sunflower County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 662-887-1454. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in Indianola before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Sunflower County Courthouse at 662-887-4703.