Rankin County, Mississippi - Assessor's Office
The Rankin County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Rankin County, Mississippi. You can contact the Rankin County Assessor for:
- Your property tax bill
- Checking the Rankin County property tax due date
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Paying your property tax
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
The Rankin County Assessor's Office is located in Brandon, Mississippi.
Rankin County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Rankin County Information
Rankin County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Rankin County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Rankin County Tax Appraiser.
- The Rankin County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Rankin County.
- The Rankin County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Rankin County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Rankin County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Rankin County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Rankin County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 601-825-1470. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Rankin County assessor's office at 601-824-2457. Please call the assessor's office in Brandon before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting.