Panola County, Mississippi - Assessor's Office
The Panola County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Panola County, Mississippi. You can contact the Panola County Assessor for:
- Your property tax bill
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Paying your property tax
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Checking the Panola County property tax due date
- Information on your property's tax assessment
The Panola County Assessor's Office is located in the First Judicial District in Sardis, Mississippi.
Panola County Assessor Contact Information
Panola County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Panola County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Panola County Tax Appraiser.
- The Panola County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Panola County.
- The Panola County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Panola County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Panola County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Panola County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Panola County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 662-487-2092. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Panola County assessor's office at 662-487-3545. Please call the assessor's office in Sardis before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Panola County Courthouse at 662-563-6201.