Lowndes County, Mississippi - Assessor's Office
The Lowndes County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Lowndes County, Mississippi. You can contact the Lowndes County Assessor for:
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Your property tax bill
- Checking the Lowndes County property tax due date
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Paying your property tax
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
The Lowndes County Assessor's Office is located in Columbus, Mississippi. Columbus is the county seat of Lowndes County, where most local government offices are located.
Lowndes County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Lowndes County Information
Lowndes County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Lowndes County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Lowndes County Tax Appraiser.
- The Lowndes County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Lowndes County.
- The Lowndes County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Lowndes County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Lowndes County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Lowndes County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Lowndes County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 662-329-5700. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Lowndes County assessor's office at 662-241-1935. Please call the assessor's office in Columbus before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Lowndes County Courthouse at 662-329-5884.