Leflore County, Mississippi - Assessor's Office
The Leflore County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Leflore County, Mississippi. You can contact the Leflore County Assessor for:
- Checking the Leflore County property tax due date
- Paying your property tax
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Your property tax bill
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
The Leflore County Assessor's Office is located in Greenwood, Mississippi.
Leflore County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Leflore County Information
Leflore County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Leflore County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Leflore County Tax Appraiser.
- The Leflore County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Leflore County.
- The Leflore County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Leflore County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Leflore County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Leflore County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Leflore County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 662-455-7900. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Leflore County assessor's office at 662-455-8752. Please call the assessor's office in Greenwood before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting.