Humphreys County, Mississippi - Assessor's Office
The Humphreys County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Humphreys County, Mississippi. You can contact the Humphreys County Assessor for:
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Your property tax bill
- Checking the Humphreys County property tax due date
- Paying your property tax
- Information on your property's tax assessment
The Humphreys County Assessor's Office is located in Belzoni, Mississippi.
Humphreys County Assessor Contact Information
Humphreys County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Humphreys County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Humphreys County Tax Appraiser.
- The Humphreys County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Humphreys County.
- The Humphreys County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Humphreys County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Humphreys County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Humphreys County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Humphreys County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 662-247-3174. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in Belzoni before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting.