Swift County, Minnesota - Assessor's Office
The Swift County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Swift County, Minnesota. You can contact the Swift County Assessor for:
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Checking the Swift County property tax due date
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Paying your property tax
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Your property tax bill
The Swift County Assessor's Office is located in Benson, Minnesota. Benson is the county seat of Swift County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Swift County Courthouse, at 301 14th Street North.
Swift County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Swift County Information
Swift County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Swift County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Swift County Tax Appraiser.
- The Swift County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Swift County.
- The Swift County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Swift County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Swift County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Swift County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Swift County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 320-842-5891. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Swift County assessor's office at 320-843-2275. Please call the assessor's office in Benson before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Swift County Courthouse at 320-843-4069.