Mower County, Minnesota - Assessor's Office
The Mower County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Mower County, Minnesota. You can contact the Mower County Assessor for:
- Paying your property tax
- Checking the Mower County property tax due date
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Your property tax bill
- Information on your property's tax assessment
The Mower County Assessor's Office is located in Austin, Minnesota. Austin is the county seat of Mower County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Mower County Courthouse, at 201 1st Street N.E..
Mower County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Mower County Information
Mower County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Mower County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Mower County Tax Appraiser.
- The Mower County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Mower County.
- The Mower County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Mower County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Mower County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Mower County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Mower County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 507-437-9440. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Mower County assessor's office at 507-437-9471. Please call the assessor's office in Austin before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Mower County Courthouse at 507-437-9493.