McLeod County, Minnesota - Assessor's Office
The McLeod County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in McLeod County, Minnesota. You can contact the McLeod County Assessor for:
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Paying your property tax
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Checking the McLeod County property tax due date
- Your property tax bill
The McLeod County Assessor's Office is located in Glencoe, Minnesota. Glencoe is the county seat of McLeod County, where most local government offices are located.
McLeod County Assessor Contact Information
Additional McLeod County Information
McLeod County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the McLeod County Tax Assessor may also serve as the McLeod County Tax Appraiser.
- The McLeod County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in McLeod County.
- The McLeod County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The McLeod County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in McLeod County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting McLeod County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the McLeod County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 320-864-1254. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the McLeod County assessor's office at 320-864-1295. Please call the assessor's office in Glencoe before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Mcleod County Courthouse at 320-864-5551.