Mahnomen County, Minnesota - Assessor's Office
The Mahnomen County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Mahnomen County, Minnesota. You can contact the Mahnomen County Assessor for:
- Paying your property tax
- Checking the Mahnomen County property tax due date
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Your property tax bill
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Information on your property's tax assessment
The Mahnomen County Assessor's Office is located in the Mahnomen County Courthouse in Mahnomen, Minnesota. Mahnomen is the county seat of Mahnomen County, where most local government offices are located.
Mahnomen County Assessor Contact Information
Mahnomen County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Mahnomen County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Mahnomen County Tax Appraiser.
- The Mahnomen County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Mahnomen County.
- The Mahnomen County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Mahnomen County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Mahnomen County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Mahnomen County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Mahnomen County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 218-935-2417. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in Mahnomen before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Mahnomen County Courthouse at 218-935-5669.