Itasca County, Minnesota - Assessor's Office
The Itasca County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Itasca County, Minnesota. You can contact the Itasca County Assessor for:
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Checking the Itasca County property tax due date
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Your property tax bill
- Paying your property tax
The Itasca County Assessor's Office is located in Grand Rapids, Minnesota. Grand Rapids is the county seat of Itasca County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Itasca County Courthouse, at 123 NE 4th Street.
Itasca County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Itasca County Information
Itasca County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Itasca County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Itasca County Tax Appraiser.
- The Itasca County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Itasca County.
- The Itasca County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Itasca County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Itasca County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Itasca County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Itasca County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 218-327-2861. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Itasca County assessor's office at 218-327-7343. Please call the assessor's office in Grand Rapids before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Itasca County Courthouse at 218-327-2847.