Crow Wing County, Minnesota - Assessor's Office
The Crow Wing County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Crow Wing County, Minnesota. You can contact the Crow Wing County Assessor for:
- Your property tax bill
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Checking the Crow Wing County property tax due date
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Paying your property tax
The Crow Wing County Assessor's Office is located in Brainerd, Minnesota. Brainerd is the county seat of Crow Wing County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Crow Wing County Courthouse, at Suite 11, 326 Laurel Street.
Crow Wing County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Crow Wing County Information
Crow Wing County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Crow Wing County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Crow Wing County Tax Appraiser.
- The Crow Wing County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Crow Wing County.
- The Crow Wing County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Crow Wing County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Crow Wing County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Crow Wing County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Crow Wing County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 218-824-1298. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Crow Wing County assessor's office at 218-824-1104. Please call the assessor's office in Brainerd before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Crow Wing County Courthouse at 218-824-1045.