Becker County, Minnesota - Assessor's Office
The Becker County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Becker County, Minnesota. You can contact the Becker County Assessor for:
- Checking the Becker County property tax due date
- Paying your property tax
- Your property tax bill
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
The Becker County Assessor's Office is located in Detroit Lakes, Minnesota. Detroit Lakes is the county seat of Becker County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Becker County Courthouse, at 913 Lake Avenue.
Becker County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Becker County Information
Becker County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Becker County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Becker County Tax Appraiser.
- The Becker County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Becker County.
- The Becker County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Becker County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Becker County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Becker County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Becker County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 218-846-7300. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Becker County assessor's office at 218-846-7257. Please call the assessor's office in Detroit Lakes before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Becker County Courthouse at 218-846-7201.