Presque Isle County, Michigan - Assessor's Office
The Presque Isle County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Presque Isle County, Michigan. You can contact the Presque Isle County Assessor for:
- Checking the Presque Isle County property tax due date
- Your property tax bill
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Paying your property tax
- Information on your property's tax assessment
The Presque Isle County Assessor's Office is located in Rogers City, Michigan. Rogers City is the county seat of Presque Isle County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Presque Isle County Courthouse, at 151 East Huron Street.
Presque Isle County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Presque Isle County Information
Presque Isle County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Presque Isle County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Presque Isle County Tax Appraiser.
- The Presque Isle County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Presque Isle County.
- The Presque Isle County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Presque Isle County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Presque Isle County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Presque Isle County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Presque Isle County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 989-734-3810. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Presque Isle County assessor's office at 989-734-2777. Please call the assessor's office in Rogers City before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Presque Isle County Courthouse at 989-734-3288.