Kent County, Michigan - Assessor's Office
The Kent County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Kent County, Michigan. You can contact the Kent County Assessor for:
- Paying your property tax
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Checking the Kent County property tax due date
- Your property tax bill
The Kent County Assessor's Office is located in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Grand Rapids is the county seat of Kent County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Kent County government, at 300 Monroe Avenue NW.
Kent County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Kent County Information
Kent County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Kent County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Kent County Tax Appraiser.
- The Kent County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Kent County.
- The Kent County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Kent County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Kent County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Kent County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Kent County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 616-632-7520. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Kent County assessor's office at 616-632-7525. Please call the assessor's office in Grand Rapids before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Kent County government at 616-632-7570.