Iosco County, Michigan - Assessor's Office
The Iosco County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Iosco County, Michigan. You can contact the Iosco County Assessor for:
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Your property tax bill
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Checking the Iosco County property tax due date
- Paying your property tax
- Information on your property's tax assessment
The Iosco County Assessor's Office is located in Tawas City, Michigan. Tawas City is the county seat of Iosco County, where most local government offices are located.
Iosco County Assessor Contact Information
Iosco County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Iosco County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Iosco County Tax Appraiser.
- The Iosco County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Iosco County.
- The Iosco County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Iosco County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Iosco County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Iosco County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Iosco County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 989-984-1111. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Iosco County assessor's office at 989-984-1122. Please call the assessor's office in Tawas City before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Iosco County Courthouse at 989-362-4212.