Hillsdale County, Michigan - Assessor's Office
The Hillsdale County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Hillsdale County, Michigan. You can contact the Hillsdale County Assessor for:
- Checking the Hillsdale County property tax due date
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Your property tax bill
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Paying your property tax
The Hillsdale County Assessor's Office is located in Hillsdale, Michigan. Hillsdale is the county seat of Hillsdale County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Hillsdale County Courthouse, at 29 North Howell St.
Hillsdale County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Hillsdale County Information
Hillsdale County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Hillsdale County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Hillsdale County Tax Appraiser.
- The Hillsdale County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Hillsdale County.
- The Hillsdale County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Hillsdale County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Hillsdale County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Hillsdale County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Hillsdale County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 517-439-9166. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in Hillsdale before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Hillsdale County Courthouse at 517-437-3391.