City of Lansing, Michigan - Assessor's Office
The City of Lansing Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in City of Lansing, Michigan. You can contact the City of Lansing Assessor for:
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Paying your property tax
- Your property tax bill
- Checking the City of Lansing property tax due date
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
The City of Lansing Assessor's Office is located in the 3rd Floor, City Hall in Lansing, Ingham County, Michigan.
City of Lansing Assessor Contact Information
City of Lansing Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the City of Lansing Tax Assessor may also serve as the City of Lansing Tax Appraiser.
- The City of Lansing Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in City of Lansing.
- The City of Lansing Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The City of Lansing Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in City of Lansing, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting City of Lansing about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the City of Lansing Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 517-483-4020. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in Lansing before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the City Of Lansing Courthouse at 517-676-7200.