Town of Mansfield, Massachusetts - Assessor's Office
The Town of Mansfield Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Town of Mansfield, Massachusetts. You can contact the Town of Mansfield Assessor for:
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Your property tax bill
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Paying your property tax
- Checking the Town of Mansfield property tax due date
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
The Town of Mansfield Assessor's Office is located in the Mansfield Town Hall in Mansfield, Bristol County, Massachusetts.
Town of Mansfield Assessor Contact Information
Town of Mansfield Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Town of Mansfield Tax Assessor may also serve as the Town of Mansfield Tax Appraiser.
- The Town of Mansfield Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Town of Mansfield.
- The Town of Mansfield Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Town of Mansfield Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Town of Mansfield, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Town of Mansfield about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Town of Mansfield Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 508-261-7350. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Town of Mansfield assessor's office at 508-261-1083. Please call the assessor's office in Mansfield before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting.