Town of Freetown, Massachusetts - Assessor's Office
The Town of Freetown Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Town of Freetown, Massachusetts. You can contact the Town of Freetown Assessor for:
- Checking the Town of Freetown property tax due date
- Paying your property tax
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Your property tax bill
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
The Town of Freetown Assessor's Office is located in Assonet, Bristol County, Massachusetts.
Town of Freetown Assessor Contact Information
Town of Freetown Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Town of Freetown Tax Assessor may also serve as the Town of Freetown Tax Appraiser.
- The Town of Freetown Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Town of Freetown.
- The Town of Freetown Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Town of Freetown Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Town of Freetown, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Town of Freetown about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Town of Freetown Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 508-644-2205. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Town of Freetown assessor's office at 508-644-9826. Please call the assessor's office in Assonet before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting.