City of Taunton, Massachusetts - Assessor's Office
The City of Taunton Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in City of Taunton, Massachusetts. You can contact the City of Taunton Assessor for:
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Your property tax bill
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Checking the City of Taunton property tax due date
- Paying your property tax
The City of Taunton Assessor's Office is located in the Taunton City Hall in Taunton, Bristol County, Massachusetts.
City of Taunton Assessor Contact Information
City of Taunton Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the City of Taunton Tax Assessor may also serve as the City of Taunton Tax Appraiser.
- The City of Taunton Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in City of Taunton.
- The City of Taunton Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The City of Taunton Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in City of Taunton, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting City of Taunton about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the City of Taunton Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 508-821-1011. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the City of Taunton assessor's office at 508-821-1096. Please call the assessor's office in Taunton before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting.