City of New Bedford, Massachusetts - Assessor's Office
The City of New Bedford Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in City of New Bedford, Massachusetts. You can contact the City of New Bedford Assessor for:
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Your property tax bill
- Checking the City of New Bedford property tax due date
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Paying your property tax
The City of New Bedford Assessor's Office is located in the New Bedford City Hall, Room 109 in New Bedford, Bristol County, Massachusetts.
City of New Bedford Assessor Contact Information
City of New Bedford Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the City of New Bedford Tax Assessor may also serve as the City of New Bedford Tax Appraiser.
- The City of New Bedford Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in City of New Bedford.
- The City of New Bedford Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The City of New Bedford Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in City of New Bedford, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting City of New Bedford about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the City of New Bedford Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 508-979-1440. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the City of New Bedford assessor's office at 508-979-1643. Please call the assessor's office in New Bedford before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting.