Town of Wells, Maine - Assessor's Office
The Town of Wells Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Town of Wells, Maine. You can contact the Town of Wells Assessor for:
- Paying your property tax
- Checking the Town of Wells property tax due date
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Your property tax bill
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Information on your property's tax assessment
The Town of Wells Assessor's Office is located in Wells, York County, Maine.
Town of Wells Assessor Contact Information
Town of Wells Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Town of Wells Tax Assessor may also serve as the Town of Wells Tax Appraiser.
- The Town of Wells Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Town of Wells.
- The Town of Wells Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Town of Wells Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Town of Wells, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Town of Wells about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Town of Wells Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 207-646-6081. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Town of Wells assessor's office at 207-646-2935. Please call the assessor's office in Wells before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Alfred Superior Court at 207-459-2312.