Town of Skowhegan, Maine - Assessor's Office
The Town of Skowhegan Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Town of Skowhegan, Maine. You can contact the Town of Skowhegan Assessor for:
- Your property tax bill
- Checking the Town of Skowhegan property tax due date
- Paying your property tax
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Information on your property's tax assessment
The Town of Skowhegan Assessor's Office is located in Skowhegan, Somerset County, Maine. Skowhegan is the county seat of Town of Skowhegan, where most local government offices are located.
Town of Skowhegan Assessor Contact Information
Town of Skowhegan Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Town of Skowhegan Tax Assessor may also serve as the Town of Skowhegan Tax Appraiser.
- The Town of Skowhegan Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Town of Skowhegan.
- The Town of Skowhegan Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Town of Skowhegan Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Town of Skowhegan, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Town of Skowhegan about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Town of Skowhegan Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 207-474-6903. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Town of Skowhegan assessor's office at 207-474-9413. Please call the assessor's office in Skowhegan before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Skowhegan Superior Court at 207-474-5161.